7 types of Cyber Security Threats
- Malware • Block access (ransomware) • Install harmful software • covertly obtain information (spyware) • making the system inoperable
- Emotet • continues to be the most costly and destructive malware
- Denial of Service (DoS) is a type of cyber attack that makes a computer or network not respond to request. A distributed DoS (DDoS) does the same thing as it attacks the network. Cyber attackers use the down time that a network is disabled to launch other attacks. Botnets aka zombie systems, target and overwhelm the system. Botnets are based in various locations around the globe and hard to trace.
- Man in the Middle (MITM) – hackers insert themselves into a two-party transaction, interrupting the traffic , they can steal data and filter. They mostly occur when a using unsecured public Wi-Fi. They can install software and use your data maliciously.
- Phishing •phishing attacks use an email, to trick you into opening and carry out the instructions inside like perhaps providing them your credit card info.
- SQL Injection • Structure Query Language (SQL) injection is a type of cyber attack that results from inserting malicious code into a server that uses SQL. Once infected, the servers releases information, malicious code as entering it into a vulnerable website.
- Password Attacks• Social engineering is a type of password attack that Data Insider defines as “a strategy cyber attackers use that relies on human interaction and involves tricking people into breaking standard practices.”